Water conservation has one of the most common discussion topics in recent times. The truth is the problems facing the earth due to lack of sufficient clean water are a result of human activities. Deforestation, exhaustion of rivers and lakes and release of chemicals to the atmosphere are some of the causes for this. Seeing that we are the cause of the problem we should then strive to be part of the solution. In recent years more and more people have joined the fight to conserve water. One way that we are doing that is through science and technology.
Ways in which Science and Technology contributes to water conservation
Application of science and technology to solve problems in the sector is a major way that most countries are approaching this problem.
1. Before most developed nations conducted their irrigation by means of overhead irrigation. This method led to lots of water to be sprayed into the air and blown away. Water blew away benefited no one but continued to drain our water reservoirs. The introduction of drip irrigation to replace overhead irrigation results in an irrigation efficiency of from 50% to 95%. Farmers only use the water that their farms demands very little of it goes to waste.
2. Water treating, science, and technology have introduced ways of treating waste water. Though treated water is not used in households, this water can be used by farmers in their farmers. Treated water is rich in minerals for the plants and it helps cut down the consumption of clean water. This steps leads to conservation of the water towers and boost in crop production.
3. Leak detection technology is a new way of detecting water leakages even deep in the ground. Previously water pipes leakages in the ground could go for years without being sealed. This lead to a lot of water to be wasted in the process. Today’s technology ensures that all water that is piped goes to the desired destination. Sealing these leaky pipes helps cut down the water that previously went to waste.
Importance of water conservation
1. Applying water conservation techniques saves us from using more money to get clean water from other sources.
2. Conserving water will give endangered species a chance to survive
We all love to watch movies to spend some of our free time just to entertain ourselves. Whenever we get bored or find some time to spend with our loved ones, the first place we want to visit is a movie theatre. Since we all use a smartphone, we don’t need to go anywhere to entertain ourselves. Just bring the best of movies on the phone by using some of the most popular apps on a phone. If you are looking for some romantic time to spend with your loved one, catch the list of top 5 Romantic Movies from here. You can watch them for free. Download the ShowBox app for Android and Movie Box app for iOS devices from the respective links. Here’s the list which you need to follow now!
Top 5 Romantic Movies
The Notebook is a popular Romance, Drama movie with a massive fan following all over the globe. If you love to watch romantic movies, The Notebook is here for you all. The movie was released in the year 2004 with 7.9 ratings from its viewers. The story is all about a relationship between a poor yet passionate young man and a rich young girl. Due to their social differences, they have to go through a lot of troubles. All over the movie is special for the ones who actually are in love.
Titanic is everyone’s favourite. The movie has received a number of awards just because of the awesome storyline full of love and support. This drama and romance movie received 7.7 ratings from its viewers around the world. The movie was released in the year 1997. A poor guy somehow gets a free cruise ticket where he met with a rich girl, Rose. The love story between them gradually growing. The story takes a complete u turn when the Titanic starts sinking. A thrilling love story is waiting for you.
Top Five is a popular comedy and romance movie with 6.9 ratings from its viewers. The movie was released in the year 2014. The story is about a reality tv star and a comedian who tries to make it as a serious actor. His reality-TV star fiancee talks him into broadcasting their wedding on her TV show and the story takes a new path to walk on! It makes you laugh throughout the time. A must watch for everyone!
Pretty Woman is an old age romantic movie for everyone. The comedy and romance movie was released in the year 1990 which still in most people’s phone or hard drives to watch it. The story is full of comedy scenes to make you all laugh. A man stuck with business needs an escort for some events related to his business. He hired a beautiful prostitute and at the end he fall for her. A beautiful love story takes a complete fresh turn and you will smile for a long.
500 Days of Summer
500 Days of Summer is a beautiful romantic movie describes a woman who doesn’t believe in true love. However, in the journey of their travelling, a man fall for her and then she actually knows the real meaning of love. A beautiful love story with an impressive thought to make everyone know about it. 500 Days of Summer narrates a story of most of the girls who don’t believe in true love. So spend some soothing time with this movie tonight!